MEMORIAL EDIFICIO MÓNACO
LOCATION Medellín, Colombia.
DESIGN AR-AR - Fundación Juligón - Jesús Fiallo - Manuela Eble
COLLABORATORS: David Efraín Rojas Escobar - Sebastián Velandia - Laura Borda
The memory and reflection space is based on 3 strategies:
The first is the deconstruction of the current building to make the void a monument in itself and allow clear connections with the city and the context. By cutting off the building from the urban silhouette, we make it a counter monument.
The second is the confinement of the gap between natural and architectural elements, forming 3 strips that structure the concept of the proposal. The first strip refers to the past, where an open-air gallery was arranged (exhibition space), which reminds us of the historical events. The second strip speaks of the present, which invites to a profound reflection through a contemplative
garden. The third and last section, talks about the future, in which a space of transition and permanence is available.
The third and final strategy is the materialization of the elements (fire, earth, air, water and spirit) in the architectural construction of the place.
MEMORY AND SOCIETY
1. FROM VOID TO RESURGENCE
Remove a building that symbolizes the pain of an entire society and leave its mark on the ground, instead creating an agora for events and activities on an urban scale around memory
2. PLACES OF REFLECTION
1. Garden and walk of Memory. On the north side, gardens are created that are conducive to reflection and contemplation.
2. Open sky gallery. On the south side, a suitable place is created for the exhibition of samples or artistic interventions around the memory of the heroes and the victims.
MEMORY AND URBAN SPACE
1. URBAN SCALE CONNECTIONS
The garden on the south side continues with the ecological corridor that has been formed spontaneously between the river and the mountain.
2. LOCAL SCALE CONNECTIONS
The gardens create a diagonal connection that connects Carrera 45 and Carrera 44.
1. Gardens of memory - Places of contemplation.
2. Paseo de la memoria - Place of contemplation and urban exhibitions.
3. Ágora - Scene of urban events.
OPEN SKY GALLERY
GARDENS AND WALKS OF MEMORY